Thursday, June 17, 2010

We be Grillin'

A few of our Chinese colleagues in the English department had long been making plans for a barbecue by the river.  Last Saturday, the plan finally came to fruition, and they were kind enough to invite me along.  I've gotten to know a couple of my fellow teachers better this spring, which is a big answer to prayer, since I hadn't even met most of the other teachers in my department before this semester.

Here's a quick summary:  Nice day, tons of food, good view of the river, teachers having no idea what they were doing, teachers trying to light the charcoal with Kleenex and grass.  Success.  Grilled chicken wings, grilled pork, grilled lamb, grilled eggplant.  I'll let you enjoy the pictures and not interrupt with any boring commentary. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey, maybe they can teach Dad some new grilling skills!!! How about when you're home he can rustle up some of his mouth-watering hamburgers coated with Famous Dave's barbecue sauce, served on a warm toasted bun?! They're getting to be almost as acclaimed as his chili!

    ReplyDelete