Sunday, January 22, 2012

Where I've Been and What I've Been Doing

Where I've been:
  • Guilin, China
  • Yangshuo, China
  • Dali, China
  • Lijiang, China
  • Kunming, China
  • Phuket, Thailand
What I've been doing:
  • Riding on buses and trains
  • Bargaining
  • Biking
  • Hiking
  • Beaching
  • Reading
  • Practicing Chinese
  • Eating stuff
  • Seeing old and new friends
Did you know that I can't see my own blog in China?  I use a special software on my computer that helps me get around the Great Firewall, but when I travel without my computer, I'm back to Chinese Internet (which blocks blogs, social networking sites, video sharing sites, and photo sites, among many other things). That's one reason you haven't heard from me in awhile. 

But now I'm in Thailand, with its beautiful beaches, friendly people, and open Internet.  Southern China was good, and now I'm looking forward to a few days of relaxation before heading to northern Thailand for our annual conference.  I send my greetings to you all!

1 comment:

  1. the great firewall ... hahaha. i'm sure you didn't make that one up, but it's funny!!

    :-) glad to hear from you!!

    ReplyDelete