Want to have an awesome day in China? Here's what you do.
1. Invite a few students on a crazy adventure: biking 20 miles out of town to the mountain that houses the cave where Confucius was born.
2. Pack a lunch. At 7:45 a.m., begin biking.
3. Bike until 11:30. Stop for snacks and repairs as needed.
4. Find the reservoir and enjoy the mountain view. Rent a boat to float out on the reservoir at lunchtime. (Get ripped off.)
5. Go climbing around on the low mountains skirting the water. Take a jumping picture.
6. Find a mysterious, dark tunnel. Explore it.
7. Come up over the ridge to this idyllic view of terraced farms and quiet mountains.
8. Bike home. Feel the burn.
We made it! This is outside of our school gate, after our ten hour adventure (which we celebrated with a huge meal at the Sichuan restaurant on the corner). I love these students! What a fun day.
*Photo credit to my teammate Lisa for most of these pictures.