Thursday, December 29, 2011

How I Spent My Third China Christmas

This was my third (and best) Christmas in China.  It's great to be surrounded by a larger community instead of just a tiny team of 3 or 4 people, as I was when I lived in Qufu.  Here's how I celebrated the holiday.


Pre-Christmas:  Shopping and preparing

Free Santa hat with juice purchase.  Sara and I couldn't resist.
Can you see the stuffed dragons hanging in the tree?

Stuffing small stockings to give to freshmen and other Chinese friends:



Christmas parties with students:








Christmas Eve Celebrations:

Making my mom's sweet-and-sour meatballs

Meal and gift exchange with friends from around town
What could it be?

My gift to the Burchams:  Angry Birds face warmers

Christmas Eve service in our apartment

Can you see my roommate playing the erhu back there?  Beautiful 2-stringed Chinese instrument.

Christmas Day:  Fun with family and team

Christmas brunch with Sara and Cathy

Opening presents "with" my family.  I opened my package from home while they did their Christmas Eve gift exchange.



Christmas afternoon bike ride to the beach:








Christmas Dinner with my team:  My teammate's homemade lasagna



1 comment: