Thursday, February 18, 2010

From Cambodia

My dear friends, I can't believe I have neglected you for so long. It's because I'm in Cambodia -- land of smiles and sunshine, adorable children and rustic countryside, impressive temples and heart-breaking history. How could I spend time blogging in a country like this? When I am back in cold Qufu, I'll take time to tell you more.

A few days ago we went to the temples near Siam Reap, including Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, and Ta Phrom. I will pause here so you can Google these sites.

I've wanted to see Angkor Wat ever since stumbling across it in a National Geographic magazine back the in Walnut Ridge school library. I saw the ancient walls and towers being slowly eaten alive by the jungle and thought to myself, "It would be amazing to see that in person." But I didn't expect that I actually would.



Dear Cambodia,

Thanks for making my high school travel dreams come true. May God bring healing to your people.

I'll be back (I hope).
Love,
Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment